Alhamdulillah, done with ESTCON2012, a World Engineering, Science & Technology Congress, encompassed of 8 conferences all together.
Towards joining the congress, it was a valuable experience all the way. Thanks to my supervisors, Dr. Josefina and Dr. Wan for their guidance and support. So, it was all started last year, dalam bulan 12 camtu. Dr. Josefina suggested me to try and submit the technical paper for ICCIS2012. So I gave it a shot, and my paper was accepted. It was a tough work, dengan takde apa-apa pengalaman pasal submit paper ke conference ni, dengan nak deal dengan final year lagi, project testing, bla bla bla, I truly find it was quite a challenge for me during that time. I even stayed back during semester break (January 2012) just to finish the technical paper. Format for IEEE technical paper is freaking detail; mind you. Funded by Short Term Internal Research Fund of UTP, I registered for the conference. It's not cheap to register, early-bird registration is RM1.4K for local student. haha gila.
I was the oral presenter for the paper. Debar dia tak payah cakap lah kan. My session was scheduled on the 2nd day (13th June), 1400-1600H, Room 407. After 2-3 minutes of presentation, I get used to the audience (tak ramai pun) and the room.. then dah tak berdebar sangat. In fact, I enjoyed giving the whole presentation! :D
After the presentation, as usual there were few questions from the audience. Aku rasa aku dah berikan jawapan yang memuaskan hati semua pihak, tanpa lebih masa, I ended my presentation. Then, there was a senior lecturer from UNIMAS, interested with the project and planned to replicate it for his undergraduate student. Haha. Terkejut aku. He planned to add some computer intelligence in developing the AVD, to detect pauses in the movie. whoaa. If so student dia boleh develop benda tu, it would be awesome.
Here is the closing video for ESTCON2012, probably can give you some ideas about the main highlights of the event itself. This montage was prepared by Mahsyar Said, the uploader himself.
Throughout 3 days in KL, I took the opportunity to meet some people and indeed, it was worth it. Jumpa staff time aku intern dulu, seniors and some friends. Environment kat ESTCON: highly intelligent people are around you, bila duduk makan tu, borak-borak.. tanya buat apa sekarang, paling kurang dia tengah buat Master kat UTP. Others, ada yang tengah buat PhD, lecturers, professors la mostly. Segan gak la berborak dengan lecturer ni. haha. tapi layan je. Networking kan. Soalan-soalan common ditanya: "Sekarang ni buat apa?" "Tak nak sambung master ke?" -__-
Thank you for all of the endless support, thanks a lot. Tanpa semangat dari semua orang sekeliling aku, dan tak lupa, tanpa izin Allah, aku tak rasa aku boleh sampai tahap ni. Alhamdulillah berkat izin Allah dan semangat yang korang bagi, aku habiskan apa aku dah mulakan, in believing jangan buat kerja separuh jalan :)
It's all about opportunity. Either you grab it or you will lose it.


Seek, Grab and Explore.
ReplyDeleteAlhamdulillah.
Tahniah Dqeen.
I envy for all the experiences u have dude.
Semoga ade lagi pengalaman demi pengalaman yg lebih menarik ditempa pasni. InsyaAllah (^_^)